Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it’s worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn’t always. I’ve had...
Read about our Dorset team
We have been commissioned by Dorset Council to deliver their Integrated Domestic Abuse Services. We are committed to identifying gaps in provision across our communities and this has led to successful funding and commissioning for other interventions by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Local and National government.
Bournemouth, Christchurch, and Poole Council have commissioned PARAGON to develop and deliver a specialist health team working within their hospitals. This team supports victims and survivors of domestic abuse and trains hospital staff so they can better support anyone who wishes to disclose and talk about their experiences of domestic abuse.
Our teams work across Dorset and offer practical and emotional support. Below is a brief overview on what we can offer, including:
Refuge and Safe Houses for female and child victims of domestic abuse
- Specialist refuge for women and children
- Safe house for transwomen, women with older male children (up to age of 15)
- Specialist support in your community in Dorset
- We can meet you in your home, out for a coffee and chat – wherever feels safest for you
- Solutions to help you stay safely in your own home, window locks, door chains, etc
- Working in our accommodations
- For children aged 5 – 16
- Practical and emotional support
- In refuge and in the community, virtual or face to face
- A range of accredited groups offering a safe space
- Helping to understand trauma and how we respond
- Sharing information and knowledge to better understand and deal with previous experiences
- Attending meetings with you
- Speaking with you and on your behalf
- Explaining the impact of violence and abuse to others so they can better understand your response
- Sharing our knowledge about domestic abuse and the impact of trauma
Whole family support
- Working together with you and your children
- Developing parenting strategies where domestic abuse has had a negative impact
Securing legal options
- We can help look at the best ways of keeping you safe and support you with civil or criminal proceedings
- We have a team of specialist counsellors who work with victims and survivors of domestic abuse
Partner support with Up2U and Choose2Change
- Ongoing support for the partners of people engaged with the behaviour change programme
- Safety planning
- Meeting with you in the community after you leave hospital
- Risk assessment
- Safety planning
- Training for health staff
- Working in Dorset Hospitals
Find our Dorset team
The PARAGON blog
Part 2 in our Changing My Behaviour series is about paying attention to our own behaviour. Once we acknowledge that we’re acting in a negative...
Acknowledging that your behaviour might be abusive is a difficult process. West Sussex Connect offers programmes that can help address...