Supporting male survivors of domestic abuse if one of the services PARAGON offers. We also run Dragonfly workshops that can help signpost men...
Isle of Wight
Read about our Isle of Wight team
We have been commissioned by the Isle of Wight Council to deliver their Integrated Domestic Abuse Services.
This is targeted support for adults and children who are experiencing abuse. We have been funded and commissioned by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, local and national government.
We work in partnership with The Hampton Trust who are commissioned to deliver support to victims of sexual violence and interventions for perpetrators of abuse. Referrals to their services can be made directly.
Our teams offer practical and emotional support. Below is a brief overview on what we can offer, including:
Refuge and Safe Houses for female, male, and child victims of domestic abuse
- Specialist refuge for women and children
- Safe houses for single men or fathers who have children, or mums whose male children are too old to safely house in the refuge
- Specialist support in your community on the Isle of Wight
- We can meet you in your home, out for a coffee and chat – wherever feels safest for you
- Solutions to help you stay safely in your own home, window locks, door chains, etc
- Working in our accommodations and in the community as outreach
- For children aged 5 – 18
- Practical and emotional support
- Specialist support for young people instigating harmful behaviours at home or within their own intimate relationship
- In refuge and in the community, virtual or face to face
- A range of accredited groups offering a safe space
- Helping to understand trauma and how we respond
- Sharing information and knowledge to better understand and deal with previous experiences
- Attending meetings with you
- Speaking with you and on your behalf
- Explaining the impact of violence and abuse to others so they can better understand your response
- Sharing our knowledge about domestic abuse and the impact of trauma
Whole family support
- Working together with you and your children
- Developing parenting strategies where domestic abuse has had a negative impact
Securing legal options
- We can help look at the best ways of keeping you safe and support you with civil or criminal proceedings
- Help you make your own decisions
- We have a team of specialist counsellors who work with victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
Find our Isle of Wight team
Somerset Integrated Domestic Abuse Service, or SIDAS for short, received 3 new contracts from Public Health in April 2023. As part of these...
Conversations is a series of blog profiles where we chat with managers about the excellent work they do. This year, our PARAGON Somerset...