Breaking a pattern of abuse can be difficult. But as Freya will tell you, it’s worth it. My name is Freya Silver It wasn’t always. I’ve had...
Read about our Sussex team
PARAGON has teams offering services in West Sussex
The PARAGON team in Sussex is a specialist domestic abuse team working with people who are experiencing domestic abuse. We work with adults and children and have a small and dedicated team working across Sussex.
We work in partnership with the Police and Crime Commissioners Office and have secured Ministry of Justice funding to offer a holistic intervention.
In West Sussex we deliver Connect in partnership with SafeLives, West Sussex Council and Aurora New Dawn – a whole family response to domestic abuse, working with individuals, couples and families. Support is available to people living in the Crawley and Worthing and Adur areas.
Our teams work across Sussex and offer practical and emotional support. Below is a brief overview on what we can offer, including:
- IDVA* support for victims of domestic abuse aiming to increase safety, reduce risk, and create client-led tailored support plans
- Counselling for adult victims and survivors
- Specialist, age-appropriate support for children and young people
West Sussex support:
- IDVA* support for victims of domestic abuse (either separated or still in the relationship), aiming to increase safety and create client-led tailored support plans
- IDVA* support for victims with complex needs caused or exacerbated by domestic abuse, such as substance misuse and mental ill health
- Support for survivors to recover from harm, heal, and build their resilience
- Behavioural change intervention for perpetrators of abuse (1-2-1)
- Whole family support to families who wish to remain together
West Sussex Programmes includeSs:
- Survivor Groups: Domestic abuse awareness, recovery toolkit, and skills development
- Peer support, mentoring, and training
- Engage with perpetrators who have been assessed as motivated to change (1-2-1)
West Sussex Training
- West Sussex Connect delivers bespoke training to increase awareness and response to Domestic abuse. This includes the ’Culture of Engagement’ Training (a series of workshops exploring, the need to engage with perpetrators in addressing abuse and resources for engaging perpetrators to be motivated to make meaningful change). Training is available to all professionals who support families where Domestic abuse is known or may be identified. Contact us for further information.
Find our Sussex team
The PARAGON blog
Part 2 in our Changing My Behaviour series is about paying attention to our own behaviour. Once we acknowledge that we’re acting in a negative...
Acknowledging that your behaviour might be abusive is a difficult process. West Sussex Connect offers programmes that can help address...