Let’s unite together to do something meaningful over the 16 Days of Activism. The campaign is to raise awareness of gender-based violence. We want to eliminate violence against women and girls, and end femicide. If you are trying to think of something to do over the 16 Days of Activism, we have some ideas!
- Talk about violence against women and girls (VAWG) to your family members and friends. Have meaningful conversations with people to highlight this issue.
- Ask your employer how your organisation can get involved – maybe arrange a seminar, raise money, have a bake sale.
- Volunteer for a local charity in the VAWG sector
- Be an advocate on social media
- Educate yourself. Read books, blogs, watch television programmes that explore the issue.
- Donate to a charity supporting women and girls. You can donate to our PARAGON service here
- Attend the @Millionwomen Vigil on Friday 25th November in London Fri 25th Nov Vigil 2022 – MILLION WOMEN RISE
- Find a March near you and take part – Reclaim the Night marches are taking place across the country
- Write to your MP and ask them what they are doing to tackle VAWG
- Sign a petition to end Femicide Petition · Declare December 6 as the International Day to End Femicide · Change.org Femicide Petition | Global 16 Days Campaign
Sign up and take part in a Dragonfly Workshop! Learn how to spot the signs of domestic abuse, be a safe person to talk to, and become a champion in your community.
We’ve trained 557 Champions this year – January to October 2022, and want to train more!